Vegetarian Slow Cooker Asian Meatballs in a sticky sweet and savory sauce that come together in less than 5 minutes in the slow cooker.
Jump to Recipe keyboard_arrow_down
MyWW® SmartPoints™ New!
Vegetarian Slow Cooker Asian Meatballs Recipe
Slow Cooker Vegetarian Asian Meatballs that come together in minutes with frozen meatless meatballs, hoisin sauce, honey, garlic, and ginger. These are so easy to make and perfect for dinner, an appetizer, or for meal prep.
These easy crockpot meatballs may just be my new favorite meatless meal. Last weekend, we were having friends over. About two hours before we planned on starting, I found out we would have three extra guests, all of whom were vegetarian. I had already prepped these Asian Meatballs with Asian Kale Apple Slaw and some brown rice, but I needed a meatless option.
Staring at a bag of frozen Trader Joe’s meatballs, I knew those would be the key to creating a quick meatless option. Raiding my fridge, I came across some hoisin sauce and knew that was the perfect option. Since I still had some prep work to do and didn’t have time to stand in front of the stove, I just tossed the meatballs in the slow cooker with the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, garlic, and ginger. And the results were so good. In fact, the vegetarian meatballs disappeared just as quickly as the meat version.
The other thing I love about this recipe is that it is great for meal prep. While the meatballs cook, cook some brown rice or quinoa. Let it cool and divide among four containers. Then add some raw or cooked cabbage slaw, frozen shelled edamame, and the cooked meatballs. Pack up with lunch all week.
Recipe Ideas and Tips
- Make them spicy by adding some Sriracha or sambal olek (Asian garlic chili paste) to the hoisin sauce mixture.
- If you like a sweeter sauce, you may want to double or even triple the honey. You could also use maple syrup or brown sugar for a vegan option.
- You can also use homemade vegetarian meatballs for this recipe, just make sure they aren’t crumbly at all. You need them to stay together while they cook.
- This recipe also works with frozen turkey and beef meatballs if you aren’t vegetarian.
How to Serve with Vegetarian Asian Meatballs
- Rice bowls are a favorite option for these easy meatballs. Start with a base of cooked brown rice, white rice, cauliflower rice, or quinoa. Then add veggies – they can be cooked or raw. Add some shelled edamame for an extra protein boost. Finish with the meatballs, cilantro, and green onions. You can also top with Sriracha or fresh jalapenos if you want some spice.
- Lettuce Wraps are a delicious option. Grab some butter lettuce leaves, add the meatballs, and top with shredded carrots, bean sprouts, cilantro, and green onions. Add some cashews or peanuts for crunch.
- It’s hard to beat a good Asian style slaw to add some crunch to this dish. Make a quick slaw with shredded cabbage, carrots, cilantro, and a quick dressing using sesame oil, rice vinegar, and honey.
- Grab some cooked rice noodles and sauteed Asian veggies, then add the Asian meatballs and sauce right on top.
Looking for more vegetarian Asian recipes?