If you're been watching some of the many cookery programs, want to eat healthy food, or want to save money, then perhaps you've been inspired enough to start cooking.
Here's why you should learn to cook.
1. By cooking your own meals, you'll know exactly what goes into your food. There'll be no added salt or sugar, unless you put it in, and there'll be no need for any preservatives or additives.
2. You'll know that you're food is healthy food. By watching what you eat, and using fresh ingredients, you'll start feel better and enjoy your food more. You might even be able to get your children to eat healthily too.
3. Why not ask others for their opinions and suggestions so that you learn a wide variety of dishes? You'll soon build up a number of meals that you'll be able to cook from scratch.
4. Once you've got the right saucepans and the cookware you need, you'll find cooking much easier, and that you food tastes better.
5. You'll get a great sense of achievement when you cook something. Perhaps you'll want to show off what you can cook to your friends as well as your family.
6. One of the benefits of being able to cook is that you will save an enormous amount of money compared to buying ready meals, takeaways or going out. You'll be eating healthily and might even start to lose weight.
7. Being able to cook is good skill to have, and will stay with you forever. If you're going to university, or have just moved into your first home, you'll definitely be glad you can cook. Perhaps you're now living on your own, and want to be able to remain independent, if you can cook, you won't have to rely on others, or go out to eat.
8. There are lots of cooking resources available, both online and offline, as well as cookery classes, so even if you get stuck, help is at hand.
9. Cooking should be fun, and you'll enjoy learning which foods go together, and what does and does work, as well as creating your own dishes.
10. No matter whether you're following a recipe from a celebrity chef's cookbook, or throwing something together from what you've got in your cupboards, you'll love cooking!
Now you know why you should learn to cook, what's stopping you from going into the kitchen?
Source by M James